World Treaty Library
Over the past few decades, various efforts have been put forth to create a universal collection of all the treaties of the world. This monumental database brings together works from Rohn, Dumont, Wiktor, and Martens to create the richest collection of world treaties ever available, spanning from 1648 to the present. More than 180,000 treaty records have been identified.
Through in-depth indexing of all treaties and cross-citation linking, this unique database is a powerhouse search tool. Easily locate treaties using fields such as keyword, country, treaty number, treaty type, party, subject, and many more!
Includes the Most Comprehensive Indexes Available
- Hein’s U.S. Treaty Index (1776-Present): This comprehensive collection spans treaties from 1776 to the present, whether ratified or not.
- United Nations Treaty Series (1948-Present): This is a publication of treaties and international agreements registered or filed with the Secretariat of the United Nations.
- League of Nations Treaty Series (1920-1946): Contains all treaties registered with the Secretariat between members of the League or between members and non-members, with English and French translations accompanying reprints of the official texts.
- Rohn’s World Treaty Index (1900-2000): Indexes all of the worldwide treaties from 1900-2000. HeinOnline takes this index and provides linking to the indexed treaties for the first time ever.
- Historical Treaty Index (1648-1919): Contains all early treaties included in Clive Parry’s Consolidated Treaty Series. The index from the series was used to identify the full text and CTS original cite for each bilateral and multilateral treaty.
- Wiktor’s Multilateral Treaty Calendar (1648-1995): Lists all multilateral treaties concluded during the 350-year period and provides information on the location of their printed text in various collections (with parallel citations), adds data on duration, depository arrangements, and status, and provides extensive notes on their amendment, modification, extension, termination, and other details (with related references).
- Martens’ Treaties (1761-1944): For the first time, the metadata for this massive 126-volume set has been indexed to search more than eight different works from Martens, including Recueil des Traites.